By Elizabeth Reich, Content Coordinator
As Susan has said, “Huntsville is growing and will continue to grow.” If you’re in the market to buy or sell the following is a list of tips that Susan has shared in past articles with our readership.
• Yes, renters are paying someone else’s mortgage.
• It is cheaper to own then rent.
• It is financially better to own than to rent.
• Millennials are the new first time home buyers.
• Fixer uppers are not the craze anymore.
• A little upgrading can go a long way:
– change out old carpet and flooring
– paint—use neutral colors
– upgrade countertops
– upgrade fixtures and hardware
– upgrade lighting
– take heavy curtains off windows and let the light in
• Existing homes biggest competition is a new build.
• Everyone wants a well maintained, clean, uncluttered house when buying a new home.
• Own Pets? Outside front and backyard should be cleaned of all pet debris. If the potential buyers walk in the yard, they should not have to be concerned about where they are walking.
• Wipe your feet when entering a house you have asked to see.
• When selling work with your real estate agent for solutions about securing or relocating your pets during showings.
• Yes, you do need to take down all the family pictures before we list to sell.
• Trust your real estate agent to keep you on track with contract deadlines.
• Buying and selling are emotional.
• Don’t forget about the home inspection!
If you’re in the market to buy or sell please contact Susan at Huntsville Real Estate Professionals 7900 Bailey Cove Rd, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 256-682-2746 Susan is in the Service Profession and works closely with her buyers and sellers alike and becomes invested in this adventure with them.