By Susan Chipman
Realtor Legacy Agent, HREP
Huntsville Real Estate Professional
Sizzling hot is how real estate agents refer to what is going on in the market right now. The experts are attributing this to many reasons, but one of the major reasons is the millennial generation has arrived at the age to begin purchasing a home. They made up a large percentage of homes sold over the last few years and it is predicted to continue. Add lack of inventory and more people moving into the area to the mix, we have a sizzling hot market!
As a real estate agent working every day, helping buyers and sellers, I would venture to say working with an experienced real estate agent would be in your best interest. Experienced real estate agents are having to think out of the box and advise clients well. There are options buyers and sellers could take, it would really depend on your needs and finances. Most people are not really prepared for what lies ahead especially if you are purchasing. Sellers struggle too, if they are trying to upsize or downsize and turn into buyers on the flip side of the sale.
My quick suggestions are:
- Speak with a lender to see what your financial situation holds for you.
- Speak with a real estate agent to see what you could list your house for and expect in offers.
- Work closely with your real estate agent to obtain your wish list (knowing you will be making some concessions right now).
- If you are not prepared financially, work to be prepared (do not give up).
- Embrace the changes and do not fight them, we are in a new era.
- Pray interest rates remain low.
Remember looking at houses, talking to the right people, making plans to move forward in your finances or whatever your needs, are all good things. The best part is the list above is Free. We are in a sizzling hot market and if you are thinking about selling or buying, please give me a call. It is always good to be educated on what is going on around us. Happy Spring!
If you’re in the market to buy or sell please contact Susan at Huntsville Real Estate Professionals 7900 Bailey Cove Rd, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 256-682-2746. Susan is in the Service Profession and works closely with her buyers.